What do you do to unwind?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by JK2447, Apr 25, 2024.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Hi all,

When you feel like you're burning out, be that in work or studying, what do you do to unwind?
    For me, IT is like a hobby so I'll often have a play with some software, lately that's my ServiceNow instance as I recently started working for them.

Outside of IT, I'm a big retro gamer. I currently own a retroid pocket 3+ which is great, very small, and has saved me from many a noisy kids party when I take the kids to those.

I've always gravitated to older games, so despite having a PS5, I still play The Last of Us from 2014, and after watching the Fallout TV show, I'm currently playing Fallout 3 which was released on PS3/Xbox 360, before I move onto 4, New Vegas etc.

I listen to a bit of music but not as much as I should. I listen to audiobooks when I walk the dog, infact I'll start a new thread on that!

What do you do?

James

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

A wide range of different activities, depending on what is/has burned me out...
    Martial arts, gaming, binge watching, exercising, even learning/studying, sometimes even cooking :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    JK2447 likes this.