Excited to be here.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by JSimp438, May 3, 2024.

1. JSimp438

JSimp438 New Member

Hey everyone,

Beyond excited for this venture into a totally new job role. I've never worked in IT before, so no experience thus far. I know this profession is for me, codes, numbers excite me and the brief experience I've had so far learning Python got me all warm and fuzzy.

So, newbie question.

I'm fairly confident I now know what the best certs are to work towards aiming for a cyber security role. My main question in what is the best course provider to use in Australia? Best deals, best content, most help etc.? I have seen people mention Mike Meyers, Professor Messer, Prowse Exam Cram to help with studying. Is it best to use these resources and just use the exam on the CompTIA Website or are there better options?

Cheers legends.

JK2447 likes this.
  2. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi and welcome to the forum! Not sure about providers in Australia but almost all the entry level IT and cyber security certifications can be gained via self study which is a lot cheaper and in many cases more effective.

Certifications: A few.
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi and welcome to CF, glad to have you onboard...
    IMO, it's kind of hard to recommend the best course provider, as what may be the best for one may not be for another. Added to that, it depends on your own learning style.
    In the past, I've used Mike Meyers stuff, CBTNuggets, LinkedIn Learning, college, uni... Each one served a purpose for a different subject.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Welcome to CF. As said it depends on what you want to learn, Udemy is an inexpensive way to skill up. Just be mindful that some certifications require you to do a specific course so if you have something in mind, check that out

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. JSimp438

JSimp438 New Member

Thank guys!

JK2447 likes this.