Basic info/questions

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by damo101, Nov 18, 2005.

1. damo101

damo101 Byte Poster

After years of using the tinterweb, i've decided to learn a bit more about it and website design (nothing to do with being stuck on the late shift on a friday night instead of being in the pub!).

Is ASDL and broadband the one and the same?

Can anyone recommend a site that gives the most basic info on designing a website and getting it hosted? Having a look at Creating websites for Dummies (2002 edition, tho) and 70 pages in it's still rabbiting on about AOL and geocities.

Cheers guys,

Damo

Certifications: ITIL Foundation and Practitioner (S&R)
    WIP: OU Cert in Web Design
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Petty much!
    I can't recommend a site as such but Nvu is a good free program for developing websites that I have used before. It's sort of a cross between Frontpage and Dreamweaver, but without the cost.

Most ISP's will offer you some type of web hosting service, usually included in the cost. If you want to have your own Domain name then all you will have to do its register one, and let your ISP know, they should be able to link it to a hosted site no problem.

8)

3. Nailbomb

Nailbomb Bit Poster

well,

the one most brilliant resource for web design is w3schools,
    check out there section on XHTML as this is far more up to date
    than HTML 4.1 Also check out the section on CSS. You will find they cover a huge array of different designing techniques, they
    even offer an online exam with cert, for a really small fee.

http://www.w3schools.com

hope this helps:onthePC

Certifications: none yet :-{
    WIP: C.I.W. website design manager