firefox question

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by moominboy, Sep 17, 2005.

1. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

just a wee annoyance folks. when i used ie jakamoko never danced and trips cogs never whirred but now on firefox they do but kinda randomly. ive got load images for originating web site only unticked. any one know why jak won't dance?

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

Having a look for you now.....i've got that option unticked too and Jakamoko still dances :blink

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

OMG, I can see the next Poll - "Is Jak dancing or is he not ?" :blink

I sense ridicule once again ..... ANYHOO :offtopic

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

dancing? fleeing for his life more like. its obviously from the marks.

[Edit] Just to stay on topic, ive found he dances in both IE and firefox fine. could be something funny with your setup. Might be worth running sfc to check the files (although its always good to run sfc anyway)

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

could be the gif didnt cache properly
    try empty your temp net files and try again
    its just an animated gif on a loop i assume

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

tried playing with all the settings in Firefox and can't stop gav dancing, sorry. :blink

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. moominboy

sfc? wassat? nothing to ridicule gav, jak makes me laugh when i see him jigging away!

8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Start > Run > type
    Code:
    sfc /scanonce
    Reboot, and that will ensure all your system files are intact.

Doubt that will keep me dancing though :biggrin

9. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

you never know gav. stranger things have happened.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  10. moominboy

nope. sfc didn't do the job.hmmmm....... ahhh!! jusdt noticed some of the emoticos aren't displayed either, some blank some just words!

11. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

wtf? sfc for solving an animated gif problem? that's like trying to kill a mosquito with a sledgehammer, and then missing it. because how would sfc solve a firefox problem?

in internet explorer, do you have the option (tools > internet options > advanced) play animations in web pages disabled?

and in firefox, do you for some reason press esq? because pressing esq will stop all animated gifs.
    or do you have some sort of firewall running, like zonealarm? some of them have an animated gif blocker.
    and in your about:config (type about:config in your address bar), is the value of the image.animation_mode string by any chance set to none or once (instead of normal)?

12. moominboy

ie did have the play animation box ticked so ....? but went into zonealarm and unticked
    the animation box in the ad section, and jak started dancing again....but no cert forums badges!! emptied temp files and stuff and then reloaded and hey presto! he's dancing again, fingers crossed! cheers folks. :p

13. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Damn - I posted about ZA to Missy yesterday regarding an image prob, as another Member had had a similar issue recently, and it was traced to ZA. Sorry for not thinking to post it here, Moomin :oops:

Glad it's sorted though :)