Job opportunity

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Josiahb, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your lucky day for a golden opportunity has arrived! As has been mentioned elsewhere on these fine forums I am on the move to a new job shortly leaving behind a position I've held for the past four years. I leave a gaping hole in the company IT team which my manager is now looking to fill! (sort of)

Job Advert

With my departure the company are looking for someone with a few more software development skills to help with some of our in house development so your likely to find yourself knee deep in .NET from day one. That said there is plenty in the way of support to get your teeth into as well so its a really varied role.

My manager is ideally looking for a graduate BUT (and this is a big but) I'll have a hand in reviewing CVs and I rate relevant experience just as highly as any degree.

Oh and did I mention, you get to work here and I can tell you that eating lunch sat in the sunlight next to the river is a very hard thing to leave behind!

EDIT: oh and working for a travel firm has many advantages, free and cheap travel are both a possibility!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Things are going well so far, 4 applications from people not eligible to work in the UK....

As I've said before the advert does say 'graduate' but a lack of degree is not a deal breaker, Ramblers have always valued enthusiasm and a good work ethic more than anything else anyway!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. Scorpio_786

Scorpio_786 New Member

Hi Josiahb,

Thanks for posting this job opportunity on here as most people who are leaving there job would just not bother, shows you have good intentions on helping others :)

I have just started self studying for my A+ and I hopefully wish to complete it before the year ending thus not having to renew it every 3 yrs. Apart from that I have a BSc computing degree.

Few questions I have for you if you dont mind answering.

1. Do you need qualifications like A+, N+ or MCDST for this post?

2. I have limited commercial experience in IT, Should I still apply?

3. Are you in charge of the recruitment process? If you are, Should I post my CV to the following [email protected] as you will have a look at it.

Thank you

WIP: A+