Boson Village III - The Vampires of Bosonville

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Jul 2, 2010.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Here's the game thread for The Vampires of Bosonville, which is Part III in the Boson Village series.

The rules I use come mostly from the game Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition by Bezier Games. If you like the game, support the company by purchasing their game.

Everyone who plays is a Villager. But living amongst the Villagers are several Vampires! Who can you trust? Who amongst you is a Vampire? :asthanos

The Humans win by killing all the Vampires.
    The Vampires win when there are as many Vampires as Humans... then, it's dinner time!

Notes:
    • You can sign up over the weekend. We will be starting on Monday, July 5.
    • You should not post your name and occupation at this time. When your Role is assigned to you, you can choose to reveal your Role (not always a good plan) or make up a more "normal" occupation (like Fred the Butcher).
    • There will be a new voting method this game. See below for details.

Gameplay:
    Every night, the Vampires will secretly decide on a Villager to kill that night. If the Vampires cannot agree on a victim, nobody will be killed that night.

Every day, the surviving Villagers will discuss amongst themselves and nominate who they believe might be a Vampire. The first person to get two nominations will be voted on. To vote for a player to be staked, give a :thumbdwn. To vote for a player to be spared, give a :thumbleft. If the player gets a majority of :thumbdwn votes, they will be staked and night will fall. If the player gets at least as many :thumbleft as :thumbdwn votes, they will be spared and nominations will continue. If three nominations fail to kill anyone, night will fall automatically.

Each vote will close 12 hours after the second nomination (or until all players have voted), so by all means, don't wait on me to post to start the voting! Begin voting immediately.

Anything that should happen at night should happen within approximately 12 hours after night falls (which is after someone is staked or after three nominations pass unsuccessfully). I will call for nominations to begin sometime the following day.

Unfortunately, you can't kill me. I'm the Moderator. 8) All secret actions performed by Special Roles should be sent to me via PM or e-mail.

Please do not share your role via external methods (PM, e-mail, voice) with anyone. Not that they will believe you anyway... you could be trying to trick them into believing you are something you're not. :disguise

How much time is involved? In previous games, each day-and-night cycle seems to take us about 24 hours to resolve. though I suspect that will lengthen with the new voting system. I would recommend that you check in at least once per day, though if you don't, you simply won't be voting that day. If you've got a special Role, I'd recommend that you check in a couple times a day, or give me "conditional orders" via PM or e-mail that lets me know what you want to do over the next few days.

I will be going on vacation from July 10-13; I will attempt to check in, but no promises, because I don't know if I'll have Internet connectivity.

I will attempt to balance the Roles to ensure a fair fight between Vampires and Villagers.

I will probably be sending you your Roles no later than Monday. I look forward to Moderating another game!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. BosonMichael

The Roles have been increased - a LOT! Keep in mind that the Role abilities might have changed since the previous game!

Here are the Roles that MIGHT be included in this game. The number to the right of the Role indicates whether the Role makes it easier for the Villagers to win. The higher the number, the better the chance the Villagers will win.

VILLAGER TEAM
    • Villager (+1): The Villager has no other duties other than to find the Vampires in their village and Stake them.
    • Bodyguard (+3): The Bodyguard chooses to protect a player each night, but never the same player twice in a row.
    • Cupid (-3): On the first day, Cupid will secretly select two players who will fall madly in love with one another. If one of the lovers dies, the other will die from a broken heart. Cupid can select himself as one of the lovers. A Vampire and Villager can be in love with one another; if this happens, then they are playing against everyone else - they win by being the last two to survive.
    • Diseased (+3): If the Vampires feed on the Diseased villager, the Vampires cannot feed the following night. :sick
    • Idiot (+2): Always votes for players to die. :dunce
    • Masons (+2): The Masons are a secret society, and the members know who the other Masons are - most importantly, they are all Villagers. But the first rule of the Masons is: Don't speak of the Masons. Not directly, not indirectly. You can guess what the penalty for even suggesting that a group like this exists... :knife
    • Medium (+3): One night per game, the Medium can hold a seance to determine the Role of a dead player.
    • Pacifist (-2): Always votes for players to live. :hb
    • Paranormal Investigator (+3): One night per game, choose three players. You will be told if at least one of them is a Vampire.
    • Priest (+3): One night per game, the Priest can choose a player to be protected. The next attempt to kill that player will fail.
    • Prince (+3): When voted to be Staked, the Prince will reveal his Role and will not get Staked. No further Stakings will happen that day. :king
    • Seer (+7): Each night, choose a player to learn if they are a Villager or a Vampire.
    • Tough Guy (+3): If you are attacked by Vampires, you will survive until the following night. :box2
    • Troublemaker (+2): One night per game, the Troublemaker can call for two Stakings the following day.
    • Vampire Hunter (+3): When the Vampire Hunter is killed by Staking, he can immediately retaliate by killing a player who voted against him (if he chooses). When the Vampire Hunter is killed by Vampires, he can choose which Vampire to kill.
    • Witch (+4): One night per game, the Witch can kill a player and/or heal a player that has been attacked that night (including herself).

VAMPIRE TEAM
    • Vampires (-6): The vampires will choose a victim each night. These aren't your fancy-schmancy fairy vampires that sparkle in the sunlight... but they don't burn in the sunlight, either. :asthanos
    • Minion (-6): The Minion knows who the Vampires are, but does not kill with the Vampires. The Minion wins if the Vampires win.
    • Rogue Vampire (-5): Not so fast, Vampires... one of you might be rogue. The Rogue Vampire wins if he is the last player left alive.
    • Sorcerer/Sorceress (-3): Each night, the Sorcerer chooses a player to determine whether they are the Seer. The Sorcerer wins if the Vampires win.

SPECIAL CHARACTERS
    • Cursed (-3): The Cursed player is a Villager until attacked by Vampires... then they become a Vampire.
    • Ghost (+2): When killed, the player will become a Ghost; this Role replaces the player's original Role. :gos The Ghost will learn the Roles of ALL the players. However, the Ghost can only communicate with the Villagers ONLY by writing ONE single alphabet letter per day. The Ghost stays on the same team as they were on when alive, so keep in mind that a Ghost might be giving you clues to help the Vampires!
    • Hoodlum (0): The Hoodlum chooses 2 players on the first night. The Hoodlum wins if they are dead and the Hoodlum is still alive at the end of the game.
    • Mayor (+2): Elected by the villagers before the game begins by voting using the same rules as Staking. The Mayor's vote counts twice. When the Mayor dies, a new Mayor will be elected the following day before Stakings occur.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  3. BosonMichael

After you receive your Role, you can choose an occupation. To roleplay your Villager (and it will be much more fun if you do), you might consider using one of the following occupations (any of which could also secretly be the Seer, Vampire Hunter, Prince, Idiot, Hoodlum, Witch, or... a Vampire!):

• Storekeeper/Merchant
    • Barkeeper/Innkeeper
    • Woodcutter/Carpenter/Sawyer
    • Bowyer/Fletcher
    • Cartwright
    • Boatwright
    • Blacksmith
    • Leathersmith
    • Tanner
    • Saddler
    • Coppersmith
    • Tinker
    • Potter
    • Stonemason
    • Shoemaker/Cobbler
    • Seamstress/Clothier
    • Butcher
    • Baker
    • Chandler/Candlemaker
    • Miller
    • Priest/Preacher (note that this is also an official Role!)
    • Doctor/Midwife
    • Apothecary
    • Lawyer
    • Teacher
    • Banker
    • Accountant/Clerk
    • Author/Writer/Playwright
    • Artist/Sculptor
    • Scribe/Printer
    • Barber
    • Farmer
    • Shepherd
    • Fisherman
    • Gardener
    • Undertaker
    • Servant
    • Beggar
    • Stranger/Traveler
    • Minstrel/Bard
    • Town Drunk
    • Village Idiot (note that this is also an official Role!)
    • Hoodlum (note that this is also an official Role!)
    • Prostitute
    • Nanny
    ...or, come up with your own!

You CAN take an occupation that someone else has already taken!!! Perhaps you work with them... or they might be your competition!

4. BosonMichael

Current player list:

1. Col
    2. DrHogg
    3. GiddyG
    4. GingerDave
    5. GSteer
    6. jk2447
    7. JonnyMX
    8. Josiahb
    9. MLP
    10. nugget
    11. Shadowrunner
    12. twizzle
    13. kat731

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  5. BosonMichael

So... what do you guys think about the new rules and Roles? :)

6. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

sounds complicated, lots of things to rememeber, but also sounds liek it could be more fun. cant wait.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sounds great Mike. It looks like it will also be an interesting round. :twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. BosonMichael

You don't have to remember all the Roles... just know that there are some Roles that MIGHT be there. :) I'd recommend you read through the Role list once, then just use it as a reference to double check as the game goes along. :)

As far as the time allowed for each day/night cycle is concerned... that's what the mod is for. You concentrate on the voting and staking and seeking... I'll concentrate on the time. ;)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  9. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Sounds good BM,

Time to dust him off: Garett the Traveller will be passing through once more.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  10. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Well bollards... missed this completely, obviously not paying enough attention! The new roles and rules look fairly awesomsauce to me.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  11. BosonMichael

You haven't missed it... you're in the player list, aren't you?

Sorry, guys, we had a work holiday yesterday, and I wasn't at a computer the whole day. I'm working up your roles as we speak.

12. BosonMichael

Roles have been assigned via PM. I have also sent an e-mail message if you have e-mails enabled on your profile. If you did not receive your Role, please let me know.

I have given the humans more of an advantage this time to see if they are better able to live. Last couple of games, the Villagers had a +4 and +7 role point advantage (see Roles list), and they all died. This time, they've got a bigger advantage... let's see if it makes a difference.

Now is the time to introduce your Villagers. I will open up nominations for Mayor tomorrow, so be thinking about who you want to nominate.

13. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well, hello all you lovely, lovely people.

I am Aloysius, the lounge lizard lawyer (jnr). Some of you may have met my father Aloysius (snr) who was so cruely taken from us by lethal poison - an act of pre-meditated murder (and also in direct violation of the COSHH regulations (2002)).

Alas, pater was taken from us before his time, and certainly before he had a chance to try out any decent gags, so I bravely take up his mantel. And office. And desk with a green leather top. And important looking books. Lots of books.

So, don't hate me - and remember, pater was innocent and was murdered foolishly. There has never been a trace of undead in our family lineage.

Except for that once with that undertaker. But that was five minutes, tops.

I'm going to have to charge £300 for this introduction. Is everyone OK with that?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  14. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Ah Aloysius, I have seen your kind before £300 for an introduction? pah I will charge you £400 for me not to introduce you to my foot.

I have seen many things on my travels, but seeing this town, i think i may stay a while and make me some new neighbours.

So greetings neighbours, Im Garett.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  15. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Indeed, indeed, Grommit.

You see, that's exactly why I can charge £300 for an introduction, and you can't.

'I'm Grommit' isn't much to go on.

:rolleyes:

16. Shadowrunner

Shadowrunner Nibble Poster Premium Member

Greetings stranger. Gareth was it? You choose a strange time to visit our humble village. There are rumours of blood-sucking fiends abroad, and I don't just mean the lawyer.

Allow me to introduce my self. My name is Edmund, the local Doctor. I would be delighted to assist with any unpleasant ailments you may have.

I'm running a special this week on boil-lancing.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  17. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Right Giles in the hood.....

Yep, im the village farmer, and yeh, Get orrff myyy laand..

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  18. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Is that land yours by probate or acquisition?

19. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Have I picked my role? I can't remember, if I haven't can I be the hoodlum please..... er I mean do it now or I'll smash your windows? What year is this by the way?

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  20. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

acquisition...... Farmers dont ask..... And no metal detecting, all that saxon golds mine... OOOHH AARRR

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884