LPI and NOVELL partnership (LPIC-1 = CLA)

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

LPI and NOVELL partnership (aka LPIC-1 = CLA)

LPIC ALUMNI ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE NOVELL CLA CERTIFICATION

LPI is pleased to announce that holders of LPIC certifications are now eligible to apply for and receive the Novell Certified Linux Administrator (CLA) certification at no additional cost or exams.

This initiative is the result of a new partnership agreement between Novell and LPI. Under this program those Linux professionals who have earned their LPIC-1 status will also have satisfied the requirements for the Novell Certified Linux Administrator (CLA) certification. To further support this initiative Novell Training Services has formally agreed to include the required LPIC-1 learning objectives in its CLA course training material.

To apply for your Novell CLA, please fill out the required form at Novell. You will need to provide your LPI ID, verification code, name and contact information (NAME, MAILING ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, and EMAIL).*

See here for more information.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. dales
      dales
      I'm in too minds about this, spotted this news a couple of weeks ago I think. As an administrator of a purely novell shop, I get the feeling that this is a bit of a publicity stunt on both parts. I guess I can vaguely understand that linux is linux is linux, but I do feel that gaining the cert in this way is nothing more than gaining a paper cert.

You wont know anything about any Novell products, Iprint, Edirectory, Netware (god forbid someone gets dumped infront of a netware box and be told to "go configure" cause you got a Novell cert), or anything else

I dont see what benefit this will give the holder of the certificate other than raising the profile of Novell (in a rather untasteful manner).