Microsoft Exchange 2010 Beta release

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kitkatninja, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Microsoft Exchange 2010 Beta release

Following on from this news post, the Beta version of Exchange 2010 has been release today. You can view the "What's New in Exchange 2010" here.

System Requirements

To run Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise Edition Beta on x64 platforms, you need:
    PC―x64 architecture-based computer with Intel processor that supports Intel 64 architecture (formerly known as Intel EM64T) or AMD processor that supports the AMD64 platform

Operating system―Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Standard x64 Edition or Enterprise x64 Edition

Operating system for installing management tools―The 64-bit editions of Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 or later, or Windows Server 2008. Note: Requirements only for management tools installation.

Additional requirements to run Exchange Server 2010 Beta

Memory―Minimum of 4 gigabytes (GB) of RAM per server plus 5 megabytes (MB) of RAM recommended for each mailbox

Disk space
    At least 1.2 GB on the drive used for installation

An additional 500 MB of available disk space for each Unified Messaging (UM) language pack that you plan to install

200 MB of available disk space on the system drive

Drive―DVD-ROM drive, local or network-accessible

File format―Disk partitions formatted as NTFS file systems

Monitor―Screen resolution 800x600 pixels or higher

You can download the beta here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Cheers for posting that mate, have you had a chance to look at the Beta yet?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've only just finished downloading the beta about 1/2 hour ago. Going to have to install a virtual x64 2k8 server first of all, hopefully will do this tonight and then post pics when I'm done :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security