Sneak peek at Windows 7 exam development

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Sneak peek at Windows 7 exam development

Now that I've got your attention, let me just admit that I still can't tell you when any of the Windows 7 exams will be released. We shall announce no exam release dates before their time, and all that. But I can tell you a little about our plans, and a little about our progress so far. Here are the exams we currently have on the development schedule:

1. 70-680, TS: Windows 7, Configuring—in development
    2. 70-685, MCITP: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician—in development
    3. 70-686, MCITP: Windows 7, Desktop Administrator—dev scheduled to start next week

Many of you will notice that Desktop Administrator is an entirely new role. We're excited to add this role to our exam portfolio and believe that it reflects what's going on in the real world. For those of you who are not already familiar with the term, Desktop Administrators (DAs) are IT Professionals who are responsible for provisioning desktop PCs and deploying service packs and updates to these PCs. They are also responsible for setting the strategic direction for the desktop operating system and applications. DAs work with other lines of businesses in their company and are responsible for addressing high-end desktop infrastructure needs. DAs are Tier 3 level support and mostly handle escalations related to system and large site issues.

Read the page here.

There have been a couple of posts asking about the new Windows 7 exams, hope this answers some questions :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security