Linux Genuine Advantage

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by TimoftheC, Feb 13, 2009.

1. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

hehe - it seems that anything Microsoft can do, the Linux community can do as well.......

http://www.linuxgenuineadvantage.org/

Also, check out the Source Code link, according to the FAQ it does work, although, who would be stupid enough to install it is beyond me :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  2. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Lol that was funny :D

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  3. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I hadn't been by here for quite a while and when I saw this I just had to comment. I have to say that as funny as the sarcasm is on the LGA site TimooftheC's comment is even funnier in an ironic fashion.

Who would be stupid enough to install something like LGA? Several hundred million Windows users install and are subject to exactly what is described there every day. So, who is stupid enough to install and use it? Every Windows user of any Windows OS from Win2K on. Pretty ironic for a Windows user to see how stupid LGA would be to install in Linux but unthinkingly put up with it in the OS they use daily.

Ah, how irony just tickles my funny bone.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I think the OP meant:
    Who (that is clever enough to install and maintain Linux) would be stupid enough to install something like LGA?

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  5. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Hey Freddy, Welcome back lol.

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

WHOOOOOOOOSH! :biggrin :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. ffreeloader

Looks to me like you are implying Windows users just aren't smart enough to see how bad the concept behind WGA really is. :rolleyes: I'd be more than a little :oops: to infer such a thing about myself were I a Windows user. :biggrin

8. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

I think it's more a case that the great majority of windows users dont really care.

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals
  9. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Code:
             \|||/       
             (o o)       
    ,----ooO--(_)-------.
    | Please            |
    |   don't feed the  |
    |     TROLL's !     |
    '--------------Ooo--'
            |__|__|      
             || ||       
            ooO Ooo

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. oztrailrider

oztrailrider Nibble Poster

I love it, it does point out how stupid WGA really is. Someone has put a lot of time into that site, reading the LGA source code was quite funny with comments like this:

:biggrin

Certifications: MCP (70-270)
    WIP: A+
  12. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

how about this part?... LOL

Code:
    # loop continuously, checking periodically to see if the author of this program got paid.
    # if no money has changed hands after 30 days, make the computer less useful as punishment.
    #
    # accepts no arguments
    # runs as a daemon forever (called from inittab, does not fork into the background)
    # assume the user is a criminal
        my $is_genuine = 0;

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  13. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Amusing post :D. Taken the wrong way and twisted into insulting remarks from someone else. Bleh! :box2

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  14. ffreeloader

Horse pucky. It's the truth. Everyone can see why the concepts behind WGA are stupid through the use of sarcasm, yet hundreds of millions of people accept exactly that concept used against them on a daily basis. I find the fact that MS does this extremely insulting to both me and my fellow man.

Do thieves exist? Yes. Is the correct response to the fact that thieves exist to assume everyone is a thief? Hardly, yet that is what is defended as acceptable behavior by MS supporters.

15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I guess we should stop checking people at the airport security checkpoints as well, since that could also be construed as treating everyone like a terrorist, huh? Brilliant plan!!! :thumbleft

Man, I'm so glad you're back!!! :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!