Windows Vista SP2

Discussion in 'Software' started by grim, Dec 12, 2008.

1. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

more here

GRim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  2. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Dont suppose they plan to replace UAC's in SP2 with something that doesn't blow as many goats?

Like been able to configure UAC for individual apps and processes, passworded and non passworded for different security levels and updated application database for identifiable apps (so instead of seeing gubins.exe they know the application eg "this file belongs to package Adobe Reader".). Later would be useful for other processes and the average home user.

I like the idea behind UAC's (similar to Macs) just not the way they currently have implemented

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Certainly looks to be heading that way. From what little I've seen, UAC in Windows 7 will be customisable (though in practice this will probably just mean a GUI for the various registry tweaks available (either via GPO or direct registry editing) that enable you to 'tune' UAC). Vista SP2 will probably be stealing some stuff from the Windows 7 development process.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

D'oh, wrong thread <please delete>

But if you want to test out the beta SP2 pack, see here.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

I am aware of the changes in windows 7 regarding UACs, I just wondered if they were going to make any changes in Vista SP2, I got a horrible feeling they wont.

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots