70-620 Vista Study Guide

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by craigie, Aug 1, 2008.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Key Points

Study Time: One Month (One Hour Daily Min)
    Materials: MS Press Book 70-620 http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCTS-Self-P...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217613062&sr=8-1 & CBT Nuggets http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/product?id=397
    Mock Exam: MS Readiness Review Suite
    Lab: Vista Ultimate As Operating System
    Exam: 64 Questions With 6 Sims

The main piece of advice I would give, is to do something every day towards your exam (whether you feel like it or not) this keeps the momentum going and also keeps you in good habits.

1. I start of reading the MS Press book and make notes on relevant points that I could either forget or need to reinforce. I normally study for around 1 hour per day weekdays and 2 hours per day at the weekends. I manage to get the MS Press book down to around 150 pages of A4 note paper.

2. Once I have finished the MS Press book, I then use CBT Nuggets. When I have watched the first objective video, I then take the Objective Exam in on the MS Press CD. The purpose of this is to reinforce the oldest material that I have learnt.

3. I then keep going over my Notes on a daily basis at work, during lunch, in the evening. Just a brief flick threw.

4. The last of all I take the MS Readiness Review tests on a daily basis. Normally do around one a day for three days before the exam as not to get to many questions repeated. Also in my limited experience so far, the MS Readiness Review has always been alot harder than the exam.

5. Take the exam!

Hope that helps some people out and if you have any questions please ask.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Cheers, I have just finished the book and I have been floundering around on what subject to re-read.

I'll follow your plan (I don't have the CBT's but I will concentrate on that area when test myself)

Thanks for yer post.:D

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Thanks for the information. Sounds like a good study methodology you have.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. daft_togger

daft_togger Nibble Poster

Thanks for the info - I've recently passed the 70-290 exam and am now studying for 70-620 before I take on the harder 70-291 and 293 exams.

Certifications: 70-290, 70-620
    WIP: 70-291
  5. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

This exam has now been retired by Microsoft.

Consequently, I have 'un-pinned' this thread...

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...