ISA 2006 (70-351) Book

Discussion in 'Security Exams' started by Modey, May 1, 2008.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Hey guys,

I am thinking about doing the 70-351 exam as we use ISA 2006 here at my work and I want to get my teeth into learning more about it.

I can't seem to find any books specifically aimed at the 70-351. The MS site says that the ISA 2004 material is still very relavent though.

Any recommendations would be apreciated.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I've recently just started learning about ISA, and I've only found 2 books on 2006. One was the ISA 2006 Unleashed, and the other was the ISA 2006 Migration guide by Thomas Shinder. Both seem to be very good with the coverage, however I'm very new to ISA, so I'm pretty much in over my head. There is a lot to digest in these books. I've always been a fan of the Unleashed series, and Thomas Shinder seems to be touted as the ISA expert. He is the main person behind www.isaserver.org. That is a great site to find ISA information and documentation.

I hope this helps!

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Yeah, I found the Unleashed book (I was searching for the exam name, not ISA 2006 :)). Well I say I did, WagnerK (Ken) found it for me. I think I was using that Isaserver.org site recently to crack an issue on our server. Sounds like this Shinder guy is the man.

It also looks like there is very little out there in regard to the 70-351 which is ashame, but I will press on regardless. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
  4. Finkenstein

I'm sure that once it's been around a bit longer, we'll start to see some exam books pop up on the issue. After all, these books came out in late 2007 ... August for one and December for the other. I've even tried to get training from the "national" providers, and all they have to offer is 2004 classes, and those are few and far between at that. We are still running 2000 here, and I need to migrate it to 2006 and know nothing about either. Good times.

5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

It pretty much states on the MS page for the 351 exam that the training resources for the 350 (ISA 2004) are still very relevant to the 351 (ISA 2006).

6. Finkenstein

That's interesting. I've heard from a number of people that 2006 is just like 2004 with a few tweaks and fixes. That's good information though, thanks!