Active Directory - Additional Account Info Query

Discussion in 'Software' started by Essex_Jack, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Essex_Jack

Essex_Jack New Member

I have been trying to find the following DLL file: acctinfo2.dll without any luck. It is an updated version of acctinfo.dll which came with Microsoft's Account Lockout and Management Tools. I want this file because I currently have to go to the container which has the user in it and select it from there to be able to see the extra account info tab. It does not show this tab when bringing up a users details through the search function.

There are not many web pages with information on this file but it does exist according to a few web pages including this one:

Yusuf's Blog

And this one explains the reasons why a second version was released: Another website.

Can anyone help me? I am very surprised there is not more information on the web. Probably the first time Google has not pulled through for me! I have tried emailing the owner of that website but no response back. Surely with all the Microsoft Professionals on this forum, there has to be someone who uses it?

[​IMG]

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-290 (XP)
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I've used the original before. Its quite handy to use, but there is another bug apart from it not appearing from the search. The Last-Logon-Timestamp is supposed to be the last time the account was logged onto on the whole domain (The bottom section relates to the current DC, and shows the last logon to that DC). The LLT is supposed to update periodically (they say up to two weeks), and show the last time that the user logged onto the domain as a whole. However, it actually uses the same field as the Last Logon in the DC section.

Never heard of the newer one. I actually wanted to develop one myself, but I was unable to find any documentation on how to hook it into the system, and I have no idea if/how to break into the dll's code to see how it would be done.

acctinfo2.dll seems to be only available direct from MS apparently. So you would need to talk to your Account Manager (if you have one)

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I think this is only available from MS directly. To my knowledge its not in any version of the 2K3 resource kit. You could try contacting Microsoft PSS and see if they can help.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. Essex_Jack

Essex_Jack New Member

The blog (By Ysuf) I found some information on is:

Yusuf's Blog

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-290 (XP)
    WIP: MCSE