Joskos.. NO JOB GUARANTEE

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by sam80, Mar 19, 2006.

1. sam80

sam80 New Member

Guys, dont believe in joskos course sales man promises when signing up.you will hear alot of promises of giving you a work experience (free i dont mind) and mony back guarantee.actually they dont even bother about you ,after getting your money.i think they are like the rest of MCSE training companies...nothing gauranteed in MCSE...dont listen to newspapers adds .....MCSE WONT CHANGE YOUR FUTURE.I think you must be working in IT before signing up to such course .MCSE DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU A JOB. :x :x :x

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF first of all! Looks like you just had a nasty experience! :(

How far into your studies did you go? Are you in IT? Tell us a little more about yourself and leave "joskos training" out for a minute!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Did you research the IT market and the relevance of MCSE and other qualifications before you signed up with your training provider ? How much hands-on work have you yourself put into learning the materials to gain the MCSE ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Nothing guarantees a job.

I don’t understand, did the sales guy say; “If you pass this certification then you will be guaranteed a job”?? :blink

Edit: Just had a look at the website. Supposedly you earn less money if you are A+ and MCSE certified in comparison to JUST being MCSE certified. This puts me in a difficult situation, do I stop studying towards the MCSE as this will mean a pay cut! :p

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

This made me laugh lmao
    'You can expect or demand £30,000+ in your second year'

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Wonder what my boss would say if I marched into his office and demanded £30k? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I know what mine would say! :eek:

8. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

ok, i am with joskos and while they make absurd promises like any training provider and i dislike them for other reasons, i have to say i was pretty impressed with their service, as in taking care of you, because as Paul (remember him Sam80?) said, they are paid to keep us happy.
    btw their "job guarantee" isn't valid if you only do the MCSE.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  9. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

This whole 'get certified and get a highly paid job guaranteed!' phenomenum is really starting to annoy me I'm seeing it more and more all over the place. Having an MCSE is supposed to distinguish you as a 3rd line support specislist not a first jobber with no experience. They're selling 'get rich quick' instant gratification and it's having a really bad efect on the job market.

That's why so many junior support roles are demanding things like 'must have MCSE' and 'do not apply unless you have full MCSE' because these employers expectancies have been warped by the apparent 'ease' of getting these certifications through 'get certified quick' training companies.

Who in their right mind would let someone in their second year of working in IT anywhere near their servers? No matter what certs they've got. What about the certs that are aimed at junior support roles? Do you need an MCSE to support users desktop issues? How is knowing how to install, configure and troubleshoot whole networks going to help you fix MS Office/Outlook problems?

If I was an employer I'd be asking junior support applicants to have A+ and maybe MCP-MCDST 'or equivalent experience'.

This whole 'get certified quick' thing is turning into a real pet peeve.

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  10. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Well, actually I'm doing site architecture design, implementation, and maintence where I work. I do it all including all the written documentation and writing of policies.

So, is my boss a lunatic?

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  11. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

You haven't gone through a 'get your MCSE in 2 weeks' intensive course from what I gather.

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  12. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL. No, it took me more than a year of full-time (80 hours a week) study to get my MCSE and that was after working for about a year and half at around 100 hours a week.

It is only my second year of working in IT and getting paid for it though.... :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  13. sam80

sam80 New Member

I have invested $ 1500 ,which is alomst 1/5 of what i spent to to my MCSE training school(i dont want to mention
    the name anymore. anyway all of them are the same). with one of online forex trading companies, from the time i wrote about my training school (2 weeks ago ) i have made $350 extra from my pc at home .while still working (not in IT definitely thats why i signed up for the course "FOR CAREER CHANGE" .....LOL)
    as a Forex beginner im happy for the returns, so wish me luck to recover the money i have spent to my career change course.

NOTE: MOST OF THE EMPLOYERS ASKING AT LEAST A YEAR EXPERIENCE EVEN FOR 3th LINE SUPPORT JOB .(TELL ME GUYS DO YOU STILL THINK I CAN HAVE THE RIGHT TO DREAM OF GETTING 3th LINE SUPPORT JOB...HOW TO GET IT SINCE I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE IF YOU ARE AN EMPLOYER DO YOU HIRE ME???!!!!)

14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Sam,

1) don't cross post (same info in more than one thread)
    2) don't use caps, it's considered shouting and rude
    3) don't use red for text for similar reasons
    4) don't spam us with get rich quick schemes

In answer to your question

*no* not with grammar like that.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  15. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

For a Third Line support job I'd want at least TWO years experience.

For 1st line 0-6 months would do!

:biggrin

16. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Simon,
    What would you offer in wages?

17. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

£10K - £16K.

Quite a broad figure I know, but thats about right for the jobs that I've seen advertised in this area for 1st/2nd line stuff.

If you were hitting the £15K mark I'd expect that you were capable of level Two support.

8)

18. Mr.Cheeks

I'll work for you only on 1 condition: You give me administrative rights and i'll be happy with £15k

19. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I've been seeing a lot of 1st line desktop support jobs in my area (anglia) being advertised at £20-25k PA!! Mind you i've even seen some of these asking for a degree in computer science!!!!! Most ask for at least 1 year to 3 years Helpdesk experience and an MSCA/E. Isnt that over kill for a 1st line job? Surely 6 months xp and A+ N+ or working knowledge of Windows OS's or Office suites is good enough for most?
    And why the wide range in wages? some offer £15k while others offer £30k!!! (thats highest i've seen for 1st line!!) and yet the job sounds the same from the description.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  20. Mr.Cheeks

Twizzle, i agree with a part of what you have said, sometimes the quals required are way over the top, MCSE for 1st line? Bit too much, but with the wages, that will vary from which part of the country you live in...

there was this one post that i seen in probably 6 editions of a newspaper, where they were offering 20 days hols, £9.600 for 1st line support but wanted someone with a mcse qual or comp design or equivilant...