Free Intro CCNA Webinar

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by cisco lab rat, Nov 21, 2009.

1. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Hello, hello, hello

Forget Santa this year, he's down at the AA meeting what with the sherry and all that

I am hosting a series of free live on-line webinars on the 27th of November. I am going to be covering topics such as the OSI model, TCP/IP, VLAN's, Basic IP addressing, etc duration 2:30hrs

You can register on-line here if you are interested, remember it's free, so switch off that telly and come do something less boring instead

You'll need:
    1: Headset (No speakers please as the echo and feedback is not good),
    2: computer
    3: Internet connection,
    4: a comfy chair and some tea (No biscuits as they make crunchy noises, unless you dip them first).

All welcome

Nice

Joe

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Nice one Joe ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

That's an excellent resource for CF Joe - thanks for posting!

As soon as my boss lets me know when i can be "out of office", i will register.

Thanks for opening this to CF!

Edit: Morning booked. :-)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
    Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Let's not forget Joe's free offer for this Friday folks !

Good of him to make it available to CF members :thumbleft

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Joe for making the offer available to CF. :alc

I have to comment on how effective i found his teaching style. all topics were explained clearly, i found the analogies easy to relate and gutted when the time was up!

although i passed the n+ sometime ago, hope to attend the n+ and ccna classroom course in the new year.

For anyone thinking of embarking on the networking route i would highly recommend viewing future webinars and also the classroom courses on offer.

Thanks again!

6. cisco lab rat

Thanks Boyce, Pleased you liked it. Got some good feed back on that webinar. It has given me the motivation to do more

The next one in case anyone is interested is on Thursday 3rd of December, 2 hours of Subnetting. I will take the position that if you do attend that you are familiar with the the IP address structure and classes.
    You can register on-line here

Remember it's free and all are welcome, same rules as before:

You'll need:

4: a comfy chair and some tea (No biscuits as they make crunchy noises, unless you dip them first).

All welcome

Nice

Joe

7. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Thanks Joe, very good work

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  8. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Just wanted to say thanks to Joe for another excellent webinar this evening. I have never had any "real life" dealings and troubleshooting that involves subnetting, so guess I have just placed it on the back burner. By the end of the webinar it became clearer what it was about, the uses and the barrier i had when i covered it before; the relationship between binary and decimal.

Hope others join in because it's a fun way of learning too - especially when you can hear other members comment.

Joe - Tell us where to send the subscription please!

Simon

9. cisco lab rat

Hello all

Thanks for the feedback on the webinar Boyce.. Once again I got positive feedback regarding that particular session, as for the subscription to the internal webinars which I do for my students I am still working on it. I will post some info up on the site soon.

Quite a few people have requested the OSI webinar again so here it is chaps another free on-line Webinar.

The next one in case anyone is interested is on Monday 14th of December, 2 hours of OSI Model - Purpose of Protocol Stacks, Looking at the functions of each of the layers, we will concentrate on the lower 4 layers as they are more important.

You'll need same as before:

and a new one

5: No ringing phones in the background. (My software shows the origin of background noise and I do mute excessive noise and and echoing..sorry)

All welcome

Nice

Joe

P.S One day I will get some woz it called........oh yeah sleep!!!

10. engeslamcom

engeslamcom Bit Poster

sounds good
    thank you very much

11. cisco lab rat

Hello all

More they cried, MORE!!! and who am I to refuse the great unwashed!!!:biggrin

If Religion is opium for the masses then a free on-line webinar is like a nice back rub

So the next free one in case anyone is interested is 2 hours of Subnetting. I will take the position that if you do attend that you are familiar with the the IP address structure and classes, i.e Class A, B, C, D and E, I want to spend as much time going over subnetting.

You'll need same as before:

5: No ringing phones in the background. (My software shows the origin of background noise and I do mute excessive noise and and echoing..sorry)

and another new rule

6: No screaming children or howling animals or whether the hell was doing in the background last night that sounded like we ought to have called the police :biggrin

All welcome

Nice

Joe

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  12. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Fantastic!

Thanks Joe. I hope to 'see' you there.

John