Important clarification about Windows 7 certifications

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Important clarification about Windows 7 certifications

Got quite a few reactions from you guys about our MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 announcement yesterday: it seems many of you are concerned and about the requirement to acquire an HDI certification in order to achieve this credential.

Please note that this is not the only MCITP credential for Windows 7—there’s also an MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7, which does not include customer service skills in among the skills it validates (and therefore does not have an HDI component).

So for those of you who want a well-rounded technology+soft skills credential, there’s MCITP: EDST7, and for those of you just want the Win7 piece, there’s MCITP: EDA7

Read about it here.

Just a side note, from previous notes the MCITP: EDST is a level 2 cred, while the MCITP: EDA is a level 3 cred.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Hadn't noticed this post, repped for the extra info.

I think we'll see a lot of people going the MCITP: EDA7 route, the cost of the HDI component combined with its lack of industry exposure will turn people off the EDST track.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yeah, I really don't see the point of picking up the HDI cert.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Since made up my mind on the EDA7 certs.

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Guess you're just waiting on the dumps to be released, eh? :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Damn, you beat me to it! :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada