cerco training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by ant2005uk, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

Has anyone here ever heard of them or done a course with them? I just came across their website and it sounds as though they do a very good programme to help you get an entry level position in IT. Apparantley you can do a 4 week course with them where you learn all the practical skills that employers look for, and after completing the course they put you forward for positions. Whilst working in an IT position you can carry on training for higher level quals such as a+, n+ and mcse. It says they provide real hands on sessions and it is not just theory. They are sort of an IT training provider and recruitment agency. Just wondered if anyone here knows if they are any good or has any opinions about them? Many thanks.

2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

I've never heard of them before so had a quick look at their site. If you believe the hype they seem pretty commited to getting you a job. On the other hand for 4K you're not getting any industry standard quals, only their in house course and their best endeavours to find you a job in the IT industry. Have you tried doing their online entry test? they want you to have a fairly good understanding of PC architectre before you start with them.

I reckon you're doing the best thing, ask around and try to get some feedback from people who have experience of them.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

I did their online entry test and scored 94%, you only needed 40% to pass. I am awaiting an appointment to go and see them. In the meantime I will do some more research to find out a bit more about them and to see if they are as a good as they make out to be. Although they dont provide industry recognised quals it sounds as though they have alot of links with employers and the service is well recognised by them, and they give you the right skills you need for a job with hands on experience (something that distance learning courses may lack). I am very tempted to give this a go. You only pay 2K before starting the course and dont have to pay the other 2K until you get employment.

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey ant, I'm afraid I have no experience of them either, but I'm sure there was once a positive mention of them around here somewhere...

All I'd add is be wary and fully-informed about them, my friend - those are big numbers and big promises you quote above. Be sure your sure before you commit.

IMHO, as always :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Be careful. I once applied to be a student at an IT training center here in the states. They gave me an entrance exam...scored it very quickly and came back into the room to say that I'd passed. However, they never told me my score.

Something didn't feel quite right about the whole thing...I mean, would they fail you if they wanted your money? I decided to bail out and signed up for a course through my local university for a fraction of the money I'd have spent on these other guys. Four years later, here I am...sitting at my desk at the office doing tech writing and writing books on the side. Not bad. ;-)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. smoothgirl

smoothgirl New Member

ant

I was looking at the Cerco site the other day and was impressed by the claims they made. However as all of these training companies make these promises I thought I would do some research. The computer weekly website has an interesting story from last year to look at.

Luv

Smoothgirl

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey snoothgirl - would be interested to hear your feedback after you check it out, if you didn't mind ?

Thanks in advance :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Pssst. Hey, Jak. You might want to do a bit of a spell check regarding smoothgirl's name and edit it. Just sayin'
    :oops:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

Hey smoothgirl, just read the article and not too impressed and it is alot of money to part so think im going to do the a+ at my local college as a starting point now, and take things from there. Thanks for the info

11. Yorkshirelad

Yorkshirelad New Member

Since this thread stoipped, has anyone had any further experience/feedback on Cerco IT Training?

Certifications: ITIL
    WIP: CompTIA A+
  12. tc27

tc27 Bit Poster

Their training must be very highly regarded by whatever companies they place you with. :rolleyes:

Certifications: None....
    WIP: Seeing where my job takes me!
  13. Yorkshirelad

Yorkshirelad New Member

Agree that the claims sound optimistic but they back this up with stats showing a 98% success rate over 14 years - with nobody suggesting anything adverse think I have to give it a go. Start 11th May!
    Watch this space and let's see if it all works out?
    Have started to study for the A+ at home, all I need is some experience and if Cerco can get me some that would be great. If they don't get me a £15k+ first role they only receive half of the £4k fee.

14. rhino

rhino Bit Poster

just completed the course. It was very good and the instructors were excellent. Three lads got jobs whilst on the course. this is all down to location. Around london there is work. I am due to have interviews in the next fortnight. Basically they will get you on the ladder and support you there after. If you want to get into IT quickly like i do then give it a go. There are many success stories of past students and there are people who have not progressed. So it is up to the individual at the end of the day.

15. Yorkshirelad

Yorkshirelad New Member

Thanks for the feedback Rhino and best of luck with the interviews! Let us know how you get on and the kind of role you take up.

16. marcus1974

marcus1974 New Member

:D hi guys
    I have just completed the cerco course with rhino (he dosn't look like one lol) it was really good and they are working hard to get us all a job since finishing the course i have had some contract work with mastercare commercial installing new epos machines into curry's and pc world the money was good and it was brillinat experiance they have a lot of contacts with companies like mastercare, banctec (Dell), fujitsu and many others it is alot of money but with there pay day scheme where you pay half to join the course and the other half when they get you a job its not so bad (makes them work harder to get you a job) and you can repay the other half over 2yrs if you want. so i would recommend it to anybody that are wanting to break into IT. The only thing else i can say is if you go on the course be prepared for hard work it is very intense but enjoyable (there is some good pubs in Nantwich too).

17. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

I cant believe this post is still going, it was just something I found on the net and mentioned one day and yet already people on here are taking the course and passing it, its good to hear all the success stories. Keep us posted :D

18. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

has anyone noticed the advert on tv?

19. immoral giant

immoral giant Nibble Poster

I was thinking about doing this course. What do you get at the end of it certificate wise?

Certifications: A+, N+
  20. immoral giant

immoral giant Nibble Poster

I contacted Microsoft and they say they don't have that course under their list of certified courses.

Certifications: A+, N+