whats the best study book for comptia A+

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by mrbones26, Apr 3, 2009.

1. mrbones26

mrbones26 New Member

there are 2 similiar books im looking to buy one is 'A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition by michael meyers' and the other is 'COMPTIA A+ 2006 IN DEPTH by Jean andrews' these will be my first books overlooking this course and i am new to this , which one will i benfit from the most?
    thanks for any replys

Certifications: gcse
    WIP: comptia =+A,mcse
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I prefer Meyers, but the decision is ultimately yours. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. mrbones26

mrbones26 New Member

thanks mate , he comes recommended but the other book got really good reviews think i will stick with michael meyers then cheers

Certifications: gcse
    WIP: comptia =+A,mcse
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

as has already been said, most people on this forum prefer the meyers book. 8)

5. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Most people prefer the Mike Meyers book, I personally used the Sybex book and it worked out pretty good for me, it appears that they are both on about the same level, one has some info the other doesn't and vice versa, so if you can afford it I recommend getting both. It is never a great idea to use just one study material for these exams.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  6. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Studying from multiple sources is a good rule of thumb for any exam, not just the A+. :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

always use two I recommended the Meyers book and PC Technician street smarts to you on your intro thread. The Meyers book will cover everything you need to know and the PC Technician street smarts book will take you through exercises like how to install a PSU or tweak windows.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?