Great news!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by juice142, Aug 7, 2008.

1. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Got made redundant today.

fekkin' a.

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  2. stutheview

stutheview Byte Poster

Sorry to hear that. I've been made redundant twice and it makes you feel sh*t. Really sorry.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP 70-270 70-290
    WIP: 70-291
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that mate, best of luck with the future jobs you apply to. Hope things go well for you, I know it's not easy being in this situation.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate your empathy.

:thumbleft

Thanks again.

Ooh, I'm p1ssed off!

The beer isn't doing any good either, I was in the pub at 12.30 and must have done (and I'm not kidding) 14 pints.

Bugger, bugger, bugger. etc.

J.

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Unlucky mate, been there myself and it sucks.

Might as well keep drinking for a few days and start the job search on Monday 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

My condolences, Juice. The best thing you can do is to make getting a job your full-time job. Go after it! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Bad news, Juice. :(

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. panosd

panosd Bit Poster

thats too bad mate, the same thing happened to me a few months ago. i dealt with it by staying in bed with my ps2 for a few days. beer is good too.

9. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I'm really sorry to hear that, Juice.

Hope your hangover isn't too bad this morning :(

Much hugs :hug

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  10. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Sorry about your bad news juice. Happened to me twice in teh past as well. Imagine being made redundant at the age of 20!

All i can say is, take few days for yourself, to get over the shock. Get drunk, or stay in bed, spend a little money if that cheers you up, etc etc. Anything that just helps you calm down, and get over the "Crap what am i doing to do now??" stage.

After that, start looking at your CV, and then hit the job sites and newspapers. You've got the skills and experience so hopefully wont be long before your back in work. Also get down to teh job center as soon as you can and get thier ball rolling as that can take a few months.

Was it part of a big lay off or just a few people? roud here there's beena quite a few companies laying of staff. Maybe as much as 500 in teh last 3 or 4 months.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  11. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Thank you everyone for your support, I truly appreciate it. :thumbleft

I've started up the jungle drums and am networking like mad (from the pub, of course) and already have one or two leads and some application forms on the way. It's so true that 'it's not necessarily what you know, it's who you know'.

My next consultancy meeting is in the first week of September and I'm on full pay until the end of that month so there's no immediate panic. It came as a bit of a shock yesterday though! :rolleyes:

I'm sort of hoping they'll slip up in procedure and not send me anything in writing hoping I'll just shut up and go away (see here for the full monty) because then I'll have them in a tribunal for unfair dismissal. :x

Cheers again all,

J.

12. JoshC

JoshC Bit Poster

last job made me redundant, unfortunately just before they did I was asked to help them move office at a weekend, never did get paid for that, also got was 2 weeks before I got to 2 years, thus no extra money

13. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

It goes from bad to ridiculous.

I got an email today from my ex boss (Technical Services Manager), very nice and all that, explaining what I'd been told in the meeting (from the company's perspective) and inviting me to the next consultation. It is suggested that if I wish I can bring along a representative, indeed they would welcome it. They have no idea what I have waiting in my armoury. 8)

The best thing though is that there are two people in the company that have the first name of Holly. One works for HR. Guess which one was copied in to all my personal details. By the Technical Services Manager. With his MCSE. :dry

Ooh yeah... (there isn't an emoticon for this).

J.

14. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

sorry mate that sucks. time to regroup and hit the job sites

was it an unfair dismissal ?

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  15. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

My thoughts...

Can you hear the server fans in the background?

Bloody things.

J.