Your Favorite Offer Is Back: Get a Free Second Shot on Your Exam (Worldwide)

Discussion in 'News' started by Fergal1982, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Your Favorite Offer Is Back: Get a Free Second Shot on Your Exam (Worldwide)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Microsoft's Second Shot offer, which gives you a free second chance to pass your IT professional, developer, or Microsoft Dynamics exam, is available again to help you show off your industry-leading IT skills with less stress. Second Shot helps you get certified..[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Details of the Second Shot: Here[/FONT]

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. onoski
      onoski
      Thanks for sharing and bringing this up Fergal:) we all love second shot free offer:)
    2. steve_f
      steve_f
      I have tried to register for it a few times, using Firefix and IE, but it's hanging on the final submit screen.

I suppose it's just overwhelmed with applicants!

Now to decide whether to use it for 290 or 291!
    3. Methodman85
      Methodman85
      Sweeeeeeet, very good news, thanks! Will have to rebook the 290.
    4. Methodman85
      Methodman85
      Having the same issue with registration.
    5. Finkenstein
      Finkenstein
      This is cool!
    6. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Excellent. I've got a Security Design exam (298 ) that'll go great with this offer.

When signing up for the offer, I was amused by the way they asked the following question:

LOL! Not "Do you know how to plan..." but, "Do you THINK you know how to plan...". :biggrin I'm just waiting for the next sentence, "Cause we don't think you really do. Let us show you." :p
    7. Sparky
      Sparky
      Cheers for the link :thumbleft
    8. derkit
      derkit
      I tried registering also - answered the questions but it didn't produce any results.... odd!

Does anyone know the timescales again?? Or is it 1 per MCP ID??
    9. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Hmm... I didn't have any trouble registering a few minutes ago...
    10. Theprof
      Theprof
      Same here, I had no issues getting the voucher number and it worked when I registered for the exam.
    11. derkit
      derkit
      Just noticed though - after the 2 questionnaire screens, I have a spinning series of dots which just well, keeps spinning - bottom left hand corner of IE6 it announces "Error on page", that starts chatting about Line 680 and "'documentElement' is null or not an object".

Just wondered whether it was because I was using IE6?

Edit: Just tried my Vista VM with IE7, no change, same problem.
    12. twizzle
      twizzle
      i'm using FF and am getting an error after filling out all the details, selecting what format i want more info in (Html/text etc) click continue and then it just errors.

Will try again later, but thats the 4th attempt
    13. PAT
      PAT
      got the same problem as you, im using vista:(
    14. onoski
      onoski
      Initially I also got error on page yesterday after two tries and decided to try this morning and all went well. I now have my second shot voucher code.

Please, does anyone know if this covers the 2003 exam tracks or vice versa. Cheerio and keep trying guys and gals:)
    15. UKDarkstar
      UKDarkstar
      Site says on it :

Note We are currently experiencing technical issues with the registration tool. If you cannot complete the registration process at this time, please try again later. We are working on a resolution and will update the Web site when the issue is fixed.

Guess they got a bit overwhelmed !
    16. twizzle
      twizzle
      How long after registering did people get thier Vouchers? I take it thier sent by email? I signed up yesterday but still dont have a code.
    17. Mr.Cheeks
      Mr.Cheeks
      the page should load up automatically depending on which option you select and the code emailed to you from prometric.
      On the actual registration page, you should have the option for, i think;

IT Professional Exam
      Dynamics Exam

Once you selected the type of exam, the voucher code is shown, and you will need to confirm your email address, if you want it sent to you by email.

Hope this helps