Just sat the 71-648 (MCSA Upgrade Exam)

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

As most of you are aware, yesterday I sat the 71-649 exam. Well today I sat the 71-648 exam (upgrading from MCSA).

Without violation the NDA, this exam was easier than the 71-649 exam, however this exam was still hard in it's own right. Again you have to know your stuff inside and out, for the full verison as well as the core version. If you know Windows 2003 (lets face it if you're taking this exam you should already have the knowledge and experience) make sure that you know about all the new features of Win2k8.

The problem that I had, while I've played around with Longhorn in a test lab I haven't been able (with the time permitted for the exam) to go thru all the new features. I feel as if I got 50% or just over in this one, I felt more comfortable with this exam than the 71-649 exam, however I feel like I still failed, but we shall see my score in 3 months time...

But like I've said before, next time I'll get 40% off the exam fee and I already have the feel for the time so I should do better next time :)

For more info on the 648 exam, see here.
    For more info on the 649 exam, see here.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You're a pioneer, Ken. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good stuff.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Wow great stuff Ken!!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)