When Should I Follwup After Sending My Resume

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Professor-Falken, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

I sent my resume to today to about six different IT recruiters.
    When should I follow up.When should I call them back to try to schedule an interview?

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Usually they call you to schedule an interview. Following up isn't a bad idea, though. I'd wait a week just so you don't appear overly anxious. You could email or call but don't be surprised if they don't sound impressed. Many companies have strict policies about how they respond to job candidates. That said, a follow up contact will let them know you're serious and not just sending out your resume to every company in sight.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Professor-Falken

Thanks for the advice. Any other advice for job hunting just let me know.

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yup, follow up for the jobs that you think you may have a good chance in getting.

Also if you do speak to someone that doesn’t sound too impressed then don’t take it the wrong way, IT managers get loads of phone calls each day, usually when a server has fallen over! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Professor-Falken

Is there any software out there that can help you keep track of your job search? Something that you can use that is better than just keeping a buch of lists of people you have sent your resume to and upcoming interviews.

Professor Falken