Turbocert CBT Nightmare

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by klickhere, May 7, 2007.

1. klickhere

klickhere Bit Poster

I purchased from Turbocert the MCDST exam 70-271, 70-272. After clicking Load Training Course button I receive the folowing message:

TEastDatabaseManager.CreateDatabase-CannotCreate Databasefile "C:\courses\mcdst\MCDST.tsx.

I did search the disk and found the file in question. Uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Attempts to install the program on 4 different computers all running Windows Professional, resulted in the same error message.

Turbosoft and Videocerts websites are nonexsistent and the support email address does not work. Does anyone have an address or phone number where I can contact these prople to have this issue resolved. I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

quick google shows me that turbocerts has bad customer service and has bd's...

have a look on the cd for the file and see if you could copy and paste it.

3. klickhere

klickhere Bit Poster

Thanks for the rapid reply. Just one thing, where do I paste the copied text

4. Mr.Cheeks

search for " MCDST.tsx " on your cd.
    once found paste it in the directory " C:\courses\mcdst\ "

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

C:\courses\mcdst\MCDST.tsx

:blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. klickhere

klickhere Bit Poster

Thanks for the info. Unfortunatly that did not work. I GUESS THATS $145.00 DOWN THE DRAIN FOR ME. If you have any other suggestions, I will gladly receive and apply them

7. Sparky

What version of Windows are you running mate?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  8. klickhere

klickhere Bit Poster

Vista

9. Sparky

Hmm, I know you have tried running the software on XP but have you changed the compatibility mode on the Vista PC? Try putting it on Windows ME and make sure you run the software as the administrator.

10. Mr.Cheeks

is it compatabile with Vista? post the url of the item linked on their website here for us please. when i went to the site, i got a forbidden access.. it could just be a dodgy install disk.

11. klickhere

klickhere Bit Poster

Yes I noticed after my purchase I could not get to the website or correspond with them by email. Yes is is compatible with Vista, how ever I have 4 other computers and they are running Windows XP Pro

12. klickhere

klickhere Bit Poster

I do not have a version of ME nor do I know anyony that is running that OS. I suppose I am just out of luck and money:oops:

13. Sparky

Do you know what the requirements are to run the software? You might need a particular version of the .NET framework installed.

Also disable AV and Anti-Spyware apps when installing (long shot though!) :biggrin

14. Mr.Cheeks

speak to your creditcard people

15. Sparky

No, if you just right click on the shortcut there is a tab for compatibility. In there select Windows ME and also run as administrator.

16. klickhere

klickhere Bit Poster

The only requiremens in the pamplet they sent are met. As far as the processor and memory things of that nature. It is simple unable to create the database that holds the pretest for the exam.

17. klickhere

klickhere Bit Poster

I pretty much think they would tell me to fly a kite inasmuch as they would probably not be able to contact they either:(

18. Mr.Cheeks

but normally, they would refund your money and hunt the people down... give it a try, what else can you lose?, you can only gain really...

19. klickhere

klickhere Bit Poster

Ok I missed something....right click on what shortcut:dry

20. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Reminds me of the time I ordered MCSE CBT labs off this guy on ebay way back when. Well, a couple of the disks were blank, had nothing on them whatsover. Another one contained a camcorder recording that was shot through the windscreen of a car driving down a forest road. A third one featured a documentary of two women talking about this business they were running. The last one was a newscast recorded off NBC or Fox or something like that.

I was ripped off big time on that one.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP