Latest info on the 71-621 & 71-622 resits

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All who have been waiting to hear whats going on with these exams.

See here.

A short interpretation (as by Trika), as follows:

1. We will re-run the betas for 71-621 and 71-622.
    2. We will score the first beta. The scoring model will be based on the results of the SECOND beta, which includes additional components
    3. Because we need to finish the 2nd before we can score the 1st , your scores from the first beta will not be available until May 2007.
    4. Those of you who took 71-621 or 71-622 are guaranteed a seat in the 2nd beta for the same, if you want to take it.
    5. The betas are coming up soon (both in March) and you will get an e-mail invitation for the exam(s) you took before.
    6. If you do retake, you’ll get scored on the second beta.
    If you don’t retake, you’ll get scored on the first beta.
    Either way, a passing score will put the exam on your transcript.
    7. In either case, everyone who took 71-621 or 71-622 will get an exam voucher good for one of the Vista exams (70-620 through 70-624)
    8. 71-623 has been rescheduled and everyone who was registered before will have a chance to register again.

So good news, MS is going to give out a free exam voucher (good for any Vista exam) for taking the beta exam as a gift and to say thanks for your time.

That's nice :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Good stuff! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Stig

Stig Bit Poster

Has anyone got their new beta exam invitation yet? From what Trika said, I assumed I'd have it by now.

Certifications: ACA MCP MCSA MCSE MCTS MCITP MCAS MCT
    WIP: MCAP
  4. Kitkatninja

No e-mails will be sent out mid-March

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. Stig

Stig Bit Poster

Still no invites?

6. Kitkatninja

MS should have sent out the 622 beta invites yesterday (the 17th @ Noon - US time). The invites to resit the 621 won't be sent out until the 22nd of March.

-Ken

7. Stig

Stig Bit Poster

I got my 71-621 invite yesterday (Friday 23/3/07) but apparently VUE are 'having technical difficulties' booking it!

8. Kitkatninja

This problem was fixed yesterday just after lunch, booked my resit for the 71-621 yesterday (Friday) afternoon for the 12th of April (the last day)

-Ken