A+ exams. How much do they cost?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Nomy, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Nomy

Nomy New Member

I have just finished repairing the floor where Michael Meyers' 'All In One' book has landed. At first site it does seem the dogs bananas, ignoring the mistake on page 20 where it shows 'two nearly identical P4 CPU's', which are quite clearly AMD :oops:

Anyhow, reading the intro he says that nobody should have to pay the full price for the exams. How much are they in the UK? And how cheap can they be? :)

Many thanks,

Nomy.

2. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

When he says that no one should have to pay the full price for the exams he's thinking that you could get an employer help to pay for it.

I took my exams a while ago now and seem to remember that they cost in the region of £100 ish. Might have changed by now, have you checked out the Pearson VUE site to see if they have any price lists www.vue.com

HTH

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Actually, you can get vouchers for a discount price on the exam. I was in university when I took the A+ and Network+ and one of their offices had discount vouchers. You might try calling your exam center to see how and where to get discount vouchers for the A+. You're lucky to get an employer to help with training and testing these days. Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I got my vouchers for around £60 each from www.examvouchers.com you have to pay in $ but they are for use in Europe. I was sceptical about buying them but they are legit. If you’re worried about them not sending you the voucher code or fraud use your credit card and then your covered by your credit card company. But take it from me they are genuine and can save you a lot of money. You also get a test engine and study guide free, though I never used either of them so I don't know what they are like.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  5. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Had a quick look at that discountvouchers.com website and it looks quite good, wish i has seen that b4 i took all those exams last year!

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA