CIW books

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by bodie, Oct 12, 2006.

1. bodie

bodie New Member

Hi All,

I am new to this site, although I have been reading the posts for a while. I am trying to find out about the CIW foundation course. I have been looking to gain qualifcations in Web Design/Development. I approached Computeach - £5250!!! incredible, the foundation CIW course they offer for £1850! I then found the study pack for $99 and an exam cost of £89 and it just seemed madness to go with computeach.

But does anybody out there know where you can pick up the CIW self study packs in the UK ?

Cheers

WIP: CIW foundations
  2. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Hi Bodie,

You can get the self study kit off of CIW's official website. Click on the link below.

http://www.ciwcertified.com/certifications/sscourseware.asp?comm=CND&llm=3

Alex

P.S - A very wise choice not to go with Computeach. I was in the same boat as you not long ago but soon realised I could buy all the course material myself at a fraction of the cost!

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  3. bodie

bodie New Member

thanks alex,

this may sound stupid - but they don't give any shippoing costs to the uk? Have you ordered from them before ?

4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. bodie

bodie New Member

hi wizard, cheers I have already mailed them 3 days ago, no response yet, hence my concerns.....

6. Alex Wright

Hi Bodie,

I recently ordered their book but had the same query, so I emailed them and asked them that same question but as yet have heard nothing back! Hopefully one of us will hear back from them soon!

Alex

7. Giff

Giff New Member

I'm also looking at doing the same thing. I've had the visit from the Skillstrain guy and was given all of the figures but I think I'm going to go the Self Study route too. Should save a fortune!

Are there any good training books that anyone can recommend as additional reading material for this qualification. I'm specifically looking at anything on CSS, php and XHTML and if I can get a head start reading them I'm sure the certification will be a little easier to get through.

Certifications: None...yet!
  8. rrray2

rrray2 New Member

Preview
    I got my self study kit from them last month...they charged 17.28 pounds for the shipping. They ship it out of ireland if u r living in UK so u will be charged in pounds so it will be 52.69 + 17.28. PS....I am in London ....i dont know if costs differ to other regions...but u get the idea.

9. Alex Wright

Hi rrray2,

That's very helpful thanks! :)

Alex

10. bodie

bodie New Member

Thanks for the suggestion - whats preview tho ? can you post a web link please....

11. Alex Wright

Sorry that was a mistake Bodie, I didn't mean to quote that part of rrray2's post.

Alex

12. rrray2

rrray2 New Member

that was a mistake..the 'preview' bit..i previewed my first message and then added more to it and just copied the preview box..so basically really just a mistake!

13. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

This is for those who are finding it hard to locate good web design course books, so you can pass the CIW foundations exam. (and more)
    I ,to had trouble and found the prosoft course dating back to 2004 on ebay. It was the version 5 course and i passed the foundations exam three weeks ago.(took me about two months of study). Just the other day i brought the whole course off ebay for only 50 quid, so thats the first place to look.

Also look on amazon for a book called "HTML complete" published by sybex. This book is brilliant, has everything you need to know about web design, CSS, HTML, XHTML...you get to do alot of coding so its a great book.

I also have alot of CBT CDroms that i brought off of ebay that have helped a hell of alot.

Certifications: CIW Professional