Job Opportunities - Dublin / Liverpool / Northampton

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Clyde, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

Hi Guys
    I've been given permission to post this by the powers that be - thanks guys

My wife runs her own small recuitment biz and she currently has openings for desktop support people in Dublin and Liverpool (and often in Northamptonshire also) These current roles do require some experience but there is also helpdesk positions available in Northmapton regularly for those entering the biz who can demonstrate ability and desire. Notice there's a lot of ideally and preferably in the advert - basically, you need solid core techie skills but personality goes a long way if you don't have the optional extras!

The job advert for the Liverpool role is posted below.

Desktop Support Engineer
    £18000 - £19000 pa
    Liverpool, Merseyside

Skills required: Excellent knowledge of Windows NT & XP profiles, Permissions, groups etc. & MS Office. Good hardware experience including knowledge of printers, some server experience is also required. Citrix, Blackberry, IPAQ and alike would be useful. This is a great opportunity to join one of the largest financial organisations. You be based in their Regional Office in Kirby, some travelling will be required to the Wavertree office also when required. you will be supporting approx 450 users in Kirby & 250 users in Wavertree.

This is a varied and hands on role including trouble shooting PC's at users desks, and via remote access, installing & configuring PC's & software and supporting the helpdesk. In addition to the technical requirements you will need to be an excellent communicator. Ideally you will have worked in a large company meeting SLA's and you will be comfortable working in a pressurised environment, if you have come from a financial background this would be a bonus. Full training is given on their banking software. ITIL Certification desirable.

For further details can you send an email enclosing CV to deborah @ bootstrapsit.com and please put desktop support engineer in the title.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Great opportunity for someone! :thumbleft

Money's not too bad either! :biggrin

3. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

I ought to mention helpdesk roles pay less *G*

4. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

Just a quick bump to say these roles are still open AND there's definitely roles now in Northampton also.

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

How is Citrix like an iPAQ? :blink

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

It obviously a typo. I cut and pasted it. I didnt read it! :eek:

Try 'Citrix would be nice. Experience with blackberries, IPAQs and similar would be good too'.. mmmkay

7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Clyde, is the job description / salary the same for the Northampton position as the Liverpool one? Thanks.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  8. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

OK, updated roles and salaries
    The role in Dublin pays about €25 – €30k
    There's a bunch of positions in Northampton. Some Deskside Support, break/fix engineer some helpdesk. Breakfix engineer pays about 16 -17k. Desktop support pays about Around 17-19k Helpdesk pays about 15k (hey, Northampton ain't London!)
    Liverpool role is about 19k

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll forward the query, or you can probably figure it who's advertising by checking out reed.co.uk as we advertise there among other places.

9. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

wow.. can't believe its been so long since I posted this

still available folks, but not for long.

Dublin and Liverpool are almost filled now. Got some candidates in for interview already...

some support roles now available in Northampton though for anyone who wishes to apply... pm me for details.

Cheers

10. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

Hi folks

Another update for you all.

The liverpool and dublin roles are filled but there are desktop support roles in Northampton still.

Thanks again to the powers that be for allowing this thread...