What annoys you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by JK2447, Sep 13, 2009.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The new, modern definition of "tolerance".

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

When I know I've got to be at the prometric place in 40 minutes and I didn't leave myself much time to get there. When will I learn, seriously!

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

never, get used to it 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I particularly hate this one in regards to:

a) office dress code

I am expected to wear shirt, tie, smart trousers, smart shoes. The women in my office are apparently expected to wear flip flops, shorts and other clothing not even close to my definition of office smart.

b) heavy lifting

When our new brochure arrives at the office in a couple of weeks time it will be unloaded by the men of the office with none of the female staff anywhere in site, this is a problem as the female staff are all fit and healthy whereas the men of the office are currently suffering from a collection of bad backs, hernias and an as yet undiagnosed condition involving a total loss of grip strength (for the record, the last ones me and the only thing I know so far is that its not carpal tunnel).

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  5. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Oh, I have had *SO* many arguments with men and women both on the topic of equality - and how equal pay functions in comparison to that.

I have the bad back, neck and shoulder to know I did spend time doing hard graft, and I know exactly why I was on equal pay to my peers.

I had a stand-up argument with a bloke in a pub about it once. His opening gambit to me in a conversation one sunny afternoon was "you're a woman, you don't know what a hard day's work is like". The chap sat next to me (who quit working the place I worked at after two weeks) shook his head and just said "not with her. Have this conversation with anyone but her."

lol. So I'm not going to start. :oops:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  7. JK2447

If it makes you feel any better most of my superiors are women, and were talking mega money

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
  8. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Yep, have to agree. My Techie is a 19 year old lad, and in terms of shifting boxes and moving computers, I can run rings around him. How? By working harder.

Although, the whole 'I can't do that because I'm a woman' thing winds me up, because it undermines the work of those that do put their heart and soul into their job, and do deserve equal pay. In fact, thats another thing that annoys me.

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing
  9. Angry Dog

Angry Dog Nibble Poster

When people lose sight of work - They choose quantity over quality, meaning repeat work.

Certifications: IT NVQ level 2/3
    WIP: MCDST, A+, N+
  10. JK2447

When I waste money, am getting better tho

11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Absolutely. Most companies can't see that, or they choose not to. I'm glad to be with a company that focuses on quality... because I've been with some that don't.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

People who are stupid enough to believe that there is a population of big cats (and I don't mean wildcats - I mean Leopards, Pumas, Panthers etc) living wild in the UK

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  13. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

'Arty' ponsy TV.
    Or maybe just 'designers' in general.

It seems to occur mainly with cookery shows.
    I like a bit of cooking, and like watching Nigel Slater, Jamie, or whatever.

But they seem to enjoy shooting them at weird angles.
    Oh, now it's gone out of focus.
    Now it's focussing on a bowl of red peppers that are for some reason on the kitchen table and the cook is all blurry in the background.
    Now it's zooming in and out from the frying pan and I'm starting to feel sick.
    Then the recipe appears on screen.
    But it's not a recipe, it's been 'hand written' in perfect handwriting.
    Bits of it are underlined, written in bold or circled in red as if I'm some sort of cretin, or if 'simmer SLOWLY' is something I may not otherwise understand.
    There's probably a doodle in the margin too, to show how light hearted this all is.
    And it will be at a crazy angle, as if just tossed on the table.
    It's probably got a coffee cup ring and bunch of herbs on it too.

I HATE IT!

:twisted:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  14. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I told you that annoyed was pretty much my permanent state of mind, didn't I?
    So I'm going to stick with this thread - on my own if need be.

I've got a new one.
    People who can't re-tune a TV.

About two weeks ago, messages kept popping up WHENEVER I turned my TV on, warning me that at midday on the 30th I would have to re-tune my digital TV or face losing some televisual delights.

After two weeks of this, I became officially ANNOYED.
    I thought, oh well, maybe this is the analogue/digital switchover that they've been shoving down our throats for years. There we go.

But no, then it appeared on Yahoo news as if it was announcing the second coming of the Y2K bug.
    But it wasn't the switchover - CHANNEL 5 IS MOVING, AND IF YOU DON'T RE-TUNE YOU WONT GET TEH HOLLYOAKS OMNIBUS ANY MORE - it bellowed at me.

Then on the day of the re-tune, it made the news on the radio. All of it, not just Radio 1.
    Apparently a website had been set up to 'help' people - but it had crashed due to being overloaded.

Oh noes!

There was a helpline number as well, but that was being swamped by panicing hollyoaks fans and old people so they went into meltdown too. It was a bit like Independence Day when all the cities had to be evacuated because the aliens were going to blow them up.

I braced myself for the event, and about midday on the 30th, I switched on my TV with my hand shaking slightly.

A message hung before me CHANNEL 5 HAS MOVED, YOU NEED TO RE-TUNE. CALL THIS NUMBER FOR ADVICE 0800-YOU-TOSSBAG.

Then another box popped up saying 'new services found, please press OK to re-tune'.
    So I pressed OK and my TV re-tuned.

If I could have got through on the helpline I would have called them:
    'It's asking me to press OK to re-tune. Should I do that?'
    'Yes'
    'Are you sure?'
    'You're missing Hollyoaks.'

:twisted:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  15. JK2447

I annoy myself taking on too much work particularly when I accept all these beta or free exams that have been going this year.

16. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Tell me about it mate.

So far this week, I have clocked up 60 hours work time, by the end of tomorrow it will have been a 72 hour week :cry:

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  17. JK2447

Ah nothing a man of your calibre can't handle mate. I've been working and studying some stupid hours this year and I think I've made myself an insomniac! I'll sleep for 4 hours tonight and get up about 3am I reckon. Worrying thing is, I feel normal. Not tired. Maybe I've had a breakdown and haven't noticed ha ha :eek:

**Edit: Word on the grapevine round our way is, legend has it, the "Craigie" works 25 hours a day 8 days a week, but I can't confirm this. He's also rumoured to be a cyborg, or at very least to have undergone some "enhancements" . . . .

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  18. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Lol, I have just been on a few PIX's checking out a few configs :D

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  19. JK2447

Were you wearing spandex whilst logged onto those PIXies? :biggrin I bet you were!

20. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Couldn't possibly comment mate, but there wasn't any chaffing :eek: