Quick question

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by leosdelsol, Jun 2, 2009.

1. leosdelsol

leosdelsol Banned

what is the most common requests that come through to line 1? and what should I be brushing up on over the next week? I know the NHS in my area run only on windows xp and server 2k3 :)

thanks lads

Leo

Certifications: HND Computer networking, 70-271
    WIP: A+
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Password resets
    Turning off CAPS-LOCK
    Plugging stuff into power sockets (...yep)
    Reinstalls/Repairs of Office suites
    Macro Security Rubbish
    Making the coffee

It'll be varied :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Most common question I get is 'whys my computer the only one thats always breaking?' 2 possible responses exist for this:

1. Its not only you and its not always
    2. I don't know, lets try and find the common link shall we?

seriously though, questions will be many and varied and still the winner for me is one of the old managers here ringing up to ask how to turn his screen back the right way up....

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To my knowledge, 1st tier will get all the calls ranging from my PC won't boot up to the server is down. It's then down to 1st tier to deal with the problem by fixing it (if it's, for example the PC isn't plugged in) to escalating it (for example, the server is down).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security