Hi from newbie, also any help??

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by nickarmstrong07, Nov 25, 2008.

1. nickarmstrong07

nickarmstrong07 New Member

Hey everyone, ive just joined the forum. Basically I started studying for my A+ certification about six months ago through a local learning centre (2 hours per week in a classroom and access to online content) but recently the instructor has left and im stuck!

Im scouring the internet to try and get studying again but there are soooo many options and dont know where to turn. I got my money back from the course which was cancelled so im willing to shed a bit out again but wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction. Ideally I want something with video tutorials, practice questions etc etc....can anyone help???:(

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

If you want, you can self study for the A+ by yourself with this book and then book yourself the two required exams at any Prometric or Vue testing centre :)

You can get some practice exams from good vendors like Boson, Preplogic and/or Transcender.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. nickarmstrong07

nickarmstrong07 New Member

Thanks ken ill check them out. Just another quickie, what method of practical practice would you best recommend (i.e buying a cheap used pc to play around with or some sort of virtual tutorial software etc)?

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

All good options. Download demos from each and see for yourself! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!