AZ-104: MS Azure Administrator

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Jaron78, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Had a chat with my line manager this morning and I was hoping he was going to say they want me to focus on my AWS Solutions Architect Associate, but he asked me to look at the AZ-104: Azure Administrator Associate first.

Just got the exam blueprint, now to ping the Senior Sys Admin and ask for access to the portal and then take a look at some training materials.

has anyone taken a look at the AZ-104: Azure Administrator Associate?

JK2447 and Kitkatninja like this.
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

No, not yet... My pathway has shifted focus from this to Cyber Security. However good luck with the exam, keep us updated on your progress :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    JK2447 likes this.
  3. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

I did AZ-104 about 18 months ago. My AZ account is on PAYG but I don't think I spent more than £2 on the labs, but it's one of those curriculums where the more important thing is to remember the differences between various types of load balancer, or three types of storage account.

The good news is the 104 and its AWS equivalent are very much alike in those regards, so once you pass one of them, you are practically ready to do the other if you like.

PS... after you pass, Micorosft will hassle you remarkably soon to set up renewals, don't do what I did and forget about it. My AZ-104 expired after a year because I am an air head.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
    JK2447 likes this.
  4. Jaron78

Ah nice one @Kitkatninja @FlashDangerpants

I was hoping that the Head of Sys Admin would give me access but he has suddenly gone very quiet so that answers that!
    Im working on finding some good courses, the one on Linked In Learning isnt bad, but the guy has a real mono voice so thats a struggle!

Really like the sound of going straight into AWS SAA straight after, thank you @FlashDangerpants Surprised to see its only a 2 Year cert life but from what Ive read, you are able to renew without doing the exam so that could be a blessing.

Hope to be able to update you all in a couple of months with a Pass.

Cheers guys.

Kitkatninja likes this.
  5. Jaron78

Almost finished the MS Offical Course and its OK, Does the job. Ive also picked up 100 Labs from WhizzLabs that are really informative.
    Im about narked about the Practice Exams though.

When you goto book the Exam, you get an offer of discounted MS Practice tests for 30 Days. Should be £99.00 down to £56.00. However, the Exam itself is only £113 so it just feels that MS are really pushing their luck. Especially as its only 30 Days access.

Has anyone used any Official MS Practice tests? Ive found a few different companies like Whizz Labs, ACloudGuru all doing Practice tests for about £20 but with no expirey so Im tempted to go with them, however, if someone has used the MS Tests before and they were top quality, Id consider it.

6. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

I've done this exam some two years ago, I thought it was hard. Barely passed and definitely got lucky with some questions as there were a few I had no idea about. I did have some Azure experience at the time but mostly around managing VM's only. Having said that I can't say I thoroughly prepared for it.

Official MS materials were pretty good I thought. Only used that really.

Of course mine lapsed now, I rarely touched Azure since and remember almost nothing from what I tried to learn... I don't see much point getting it if you won't be working with Azure much.

Good luck anyways!

Jaron78 likes this.
  7. Jaron78

Thank you @Nyx

I think once I get it, I will have more access to it at work. Also something I can use as leverage for a promotion...or when I start looking for a new job in January when my wife goes back to work.